As you may have guessed from my previous post, I installed a couple plugins yesterday.
- RSS Footer allows you to add a custom footer that will appear on each post in your feed.
- WP Existing Tags displays all of your tags in post-writing mode.
The later was something I missed about Blogger. Opening up ‘Manage Tags’ in a new tab every time I wanted to publish a post was getting old; the librarian in me doesn’t like having the tag ‘ebooks’ AND ‘ebook’. Ecgh.
A few other plugins I may give a try:
- Meta Robots adds meta tags to the header of your blog to instruct robots what to do with your site.
- Advanced Excerpt gives you more control over WordPress’s existing Excerpt feature (which I don’t use on the cursedstorm domain but I may consider using it on the Starrynight blog).
- Feed Pauser gives you a time window (which is customizable) to review your published post and make any edits before your post becomes available via RSS. I almost always discover a stupid spelling error or left out word after I post, no matter how many times I edit before publishing.
I logged into my work computer this morning to find that UITS and/or LIT pushed down GIMP, GNU Image Manipulation Program. I’ve been meaning to give GIMP a try, after someone mentioned it as an alternative to shelling out $600 (that’s with the education discount) for Adobe CS4. I haven’t had a chance to play with it yet but it looks quite promising- promising enough to download at home.