Apparently, the changes Phantom Regiment made to their show were well received by judges (and from all accounts, by the fans too). Current standings (bound to change) list the top 5 as: PR, Blue Devils, The Cavaliers, Carolina Crown and The Cadets.
When thinking about posting this morning at the bus stop, I began to amuse myself by composing alternate acronym meanings for DCI, including the following:
- Drill Creatively Inspired
- Drums Cause Incapacitation
- Drop-spins Cure Impotence
- Dominating Cardinal Intonation
- Deflowering Corp Insecurities
- Danger: CROWN/CAVIES Incoming!
In other news, I spent some more of the money remaining on my iTunes gift card. Recent purchases include:
- Theresa Andersson “Accustomed to the Dark” (I’ll probably be getting her new EP soon, partially, because of this)
- Eddi Reader “Please Don’t Ask Me to Dance” and “Mary and the Soldier” (the later I now associated with Alice and Jasper, probably because I just spent a week and a half re-reading Meyer’s series).
Both ladies have incredibly rich voices and Theresa plays a pretty wicked fiddle.
I got zero writing done this weekend but I did do some more background reading. I guess I forgot and/or didn’t realize how obsessed ancient Egyptians were with cleanliness, a fact that probably won’t have any affect on what I’m writing but interesting nonetheless. Originally, I was reading for information on burial and afterlife but I suppose I can’t fully comprehend a society’s philosophy about death and the afterlife until I know something about that society’s philosophy on life. There is a lot of discussion about purity, in all aspects of life. Sigh. Still not sure if/how this fits into my project, but the knowledge is sticking with me for a reason…
On the reading front, I’m almost done Far from the Madding Crowd and I’m pretty confident I can finish Hardy while waiting for Breaking Dawn to appear in my mailbox in a day or two. Hopefully, it will materialize before the entire novel is revealed to me by raving, rabid fans.